Main reason is to open this blog was to show people that they don’t need to use meat products to eat tasty food. Vegetables itself are already very delicious. Just you need to know how to make different vegetables suitable for each other.
Today, I will give Brussels sprouts recipe. I used to dislike Brussels sprouts until I discovered vegetables’ harmonization. I cooked it with carrot, red pepper and tomato, the results were all successful. Therefore, I decided to share one of my Brussel sprouts recipes with you. More to come.
- ½ kg Brussels sprouts
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato pate
- 2 carrots
- 4 small sweet pepper (or 1 medium size sweet pepper)
- Wash Brussel sprouts and ragged outer leaves.
- Trim bottom of Brussels sprouts and slice each in half top to bottom (my Brussel sprouts were big. Therefore I cut them into 4 equal pieces)
- Put olive oil and chopped onions into pan and stir onions until they become softer and their color turn to golden. (5-7 minutes)
- Add tomato paste and stir around 3 minutes.
- Add carrot and Brussel sprouts and stir around 5 minutes more.
- Add red peppers and stir again around 3 minutes.
- Add boiled water (water needs to be roughly equal to vegetables. Your vegatables shouldn’t swim in water. We need water just because we need to make sure bottom of your pan will not be burned. Lesser water means more taste).
- Cook around 25 minutes in low heat
- Eat cold