It is also called as Semolina halva.
Originally, it is made with semolina, butter, sugar and pine nuts. However, I decided not to put oil and instead of sugar, I added pekmez (which is a thick syrup made by boiling down grape juice). If you don’t have it, you can use any syrup which will give sweet taste. You can also add sugar too.
- 1 mug semolina flour
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar/1/2 glass of pekmez
- 1/2 glass of water
- Merge pekmez and water in one glass (or add sugar into hot water).
- Put olive oil and pine nuts into pan and then stir the pine nuts on low heat until their color becomes golden.
- Add semolina and cook over a very low heat, stirring all the time until the color becomes dark golden brown.
- Add syrup very slowly into pan and while stirring.
- Mix them and stir continuously until the water is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off.
- Allow the dessert to come to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Put them into plates and enjoy !