Try this amazing vegan lentil balls! it is very delicious and healthy. Originally from Gaziantep , city in south side of Anatolia.
- 1 coffee cup red lentil
- 1/2 coffee cup fine bulgur
- Finely chopped parsley (around 1/2 coffee cup )
- Finely chopped 3-4 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (if you dont have , you can use tomato paste or puree too).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash the lentils and put them into pan. Add water (water needs to be 3 cm above lentils) . Cook them around 15 minutes. (Wait 15 minutes until the lentils are soft. If not; you can add a little bit more water and cook more).
- Turn off the heat and add the bulgur wheat. Stir again and close the pan. Bulgur will be cooked with the heat of lentil.
- Wait until red lentil and bulgur are cold enough to be kneaded.
- Add chopped fresh onion and red pepper paste and knead.
- Add parsley and knead again.
- Use your hands and shape it into balls