Pine nuts makes spinach very testy. Although it is very healthy, it is rich in calorie. If you are avoid taking high calories, instead you can use chickpeas.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 4 large bunches spinach
- 1 middle size onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1tbs red pepper paste (or tomate paste)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- Wash and drain spinach and remove water from spinach greens (you can use salad spinner).
- Place the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat. Stir until lightly golden, around 1 minute.
- Put olive oil, chopped onions and garlic gloves into pan and stir them over medium heat until they become softer and their color turn to golden (5-7 minutes). Add red pepper paste and stir again.
- Add spinach to pan. Stir and toss over medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Add nuts. Stir again to combine.